Wednesday 21 September 2011

What do you think about religion?

Religion has always played a central role in people's lives.

What do you think is the role of religion in history?

How has religion changed over time?

What role does religion currently play in our world?
What do you think about religion?
im a christian and am not a fan of religion and when I say this most people dont understand. Let me clarify, most people think they are saved because of thier religion meaning becuase I go to church, I read the bible I am saved and that is a lie. Christ saves not religion/works.
What do you think about religion?
Do your own homework
It's a virus.



Shame on you! Expecting people on the internets to do your project for you.
Religion is a big pile of steaming poopy.
Very little.
It has done some really great stuff and some really horrible stuff. Look at the Crusades, the Inquisition, Mother Teresa, 9-11, or Billy Graham. Decide what religion is to you and then either broaden or narrow your scope. I would argue atheism is a religion, since it too has a theory regarding creation.
Christianity is the true religion....



its for comfort, hope, and salvation..
Very little- My brain is way to buzy thinking about the next meal
Religion is different spiritually beliefs. They are many types Some people don't have a certain religion. My fiance and I have two religions very different:Catholic and Wicca. What religion does alot of is cause debates like politics. It's basically as I first said beliefs.
We are all on here so we must care for a little bit. I really truly believe that God or what ever supreme being if any doesn't care what religion we believe the most in. I think its more about how we treat others and the world.
I believe religion's role throughout history was to provide a %26quot;truthful%26quot; meaning to life and it's unknowns.

I quote truthful, because I do not believe religion teaches much if any truth.



Religion changes depending on the beleifs and area/group of people. Some places are more religion-tolerant and therefor have more diverse religions, some places are more strict.



In my opinion, religion is not compatible with modern times in more than one way: it's teachings are outdated, and the fact that the people today even need a religion.
For the most part, in my opinion, religion is utter nonsense that was conceived by men of yore, in order to control, manipulate, and literally brainwash naive people for personal gains, such as power and wealth, and to attempt to reduce crime, murder, famine, disease, and wars...



The role of religion today is no different than 2000 years ago.



Religions, have altered, and or twisted the actual writings within their doctrine in order to go with the flow, so to speak.



Currently religion is being filtered out by common sense, intelligence, and reality, and believe me much more can be argued regarding this subject...
  • identifying rows
  • favorite part of
  •