Saturday 24 September 2011

Has Biggest Loser Lost Something Along The Way?

I started watching this show 2 years ago. I have never been a fan of other reality shows, like %26quot;Survivor%26quot; or %26quot;Big Brother%26quot;, because they tend to bring out the worst in people. What they call %26quot;competitive%26quot; and %26quot;playing the game%26quot; is usually nothing more than pure meanness, selfishness, and greed.



That's OK on those shows (if you like that sort of thing). But Biggest Loser is supposed to be different. These people are trying to change in order to save their lives from serious health problems. I have become a fan of this show because it is different and is doing something positive for people.



But what in the world is going on now? Vicky is a childish manipulator only interested in the money. She admits that she will probably gain the weight back when she goes home because of her intense work schedule. She is willing to cheat, steal, lie, threaten, and play mind games in order to win the prize.



While having the cash prizes have always been an incentive, I really do not believe that this should be the motivating factor for going on the show. Seriously, a quarter million IS a lot of money, but aould you really be willing to hurt people the way that Vicky does in order to win it? Not to mention making an a$$ out of yourself on national T.V.



Even Bob, who used to be so compassionate about helping EVERYONE in the house has become obsessed with a %26quot;blue shirt%26quot; winning. Come on, dude, your job is to save people's lives regardless of what %26quot;team%26quot; they are on and now YOU are getting caught up in the gameplay?



Does anyone else believe that the show has strayed from the formula that has made it so good in the past?
Has Biggest Loser Lost Something Along The Way?
Gosh I really can't stand Vicky. This is the first time watching Biggest Loser and I'm really addicted to it now, but just watching her makes me so angry. I just want someone to vote her off but she keeps winning in everything ugh! All she cares about is money and she's just so rude. And Heba, omg.. I mean this show is about losing weight and being healthy but all she cares about is the money.
Has Biggest Loser Lost Something Along The Way?
I have never seen malice as I have seen this season. Vicki, Heba and Brady (even though he was voted out) are beyond anything that should be allowed on this show. They are not in it for the spirit, or to lose weight. Vicki, you can lose all the weight you want but you will still be ugly on the inside, thus, I suspect you will continue to travel through life with little friends, support or love. This will only lead to you eating yourself to happiness. GOOD LUCK, BUT UNLESS YOU CHANGE YOUR ATTITUDE YOU WILL STILL BE FAT!!



That being said, I do believe that the show has begun to stray away from what it is really about. I started watching The Biggest Loser 2 years ago, and I don't remember it being anything like it is this season. I mean, sure, there was gameplay, but nothing like it is now. The pure malice in Vicky just pisses me off! She is a grown woman, and acts just like a schoolyard bully. She does not deserve to be on the show. If either Vicky or Heba win this, I probably will not watch this show again!
I totally agree with everything you said! I record it every week and watched Tuesday's last night. Vicky makes me so mad! I just wanna reach through the tv screen and strangle her. She has no compassion for anyone, she doesn't care who she hurts in the process, it's all very sad. Amy C got rid of her husband and she should've kept with that strategy two weeks ago and voted Vicky off, that was her biggest mistake and cost her the game! I will be very upset if Vicky wins the money.