Wednesday 21 September 2011

Help with changing my life around??

ok this question is a little weird..but for the past few months i've been in my job..i've confided in my manager about a few things..i've been through a lot and i feel i should write a book lol!! i've had 2 miscarriages, been sexually abused frm quite a young age, had an eating disorder and dabbled in alcohol and drugs..my friend died a few weeks ago in an accident...last week was the 1st month anniversary of her death and I decided to wise up!! i began going to church and have given up partying and taken cocaine and abusing my body and sleeping around!! in my job im usually outspoken and loud and I usually always melt people's heads.. i want to prove to people that i've really changed...how can i go about doing this....i try to be quiet and speak only when spoken too..i want people to know that megan's death has changed me for the better and that i'm not the same person...i don't need counselling, i combated what i've been through on my own!! i look to my colleague for support and know that it's there when i need it..it doesn't seem like a big problem but i need help with it
Help with changing my life around??
First of all well done for admitting the 'bad' stuff and i am sorry for the 'sad' stuff. You are clearly having problems at the moment. I have suffered similar problems in my life but i got through it and the most important thing to remember is that you are in charge of your own life. I have a wonderful counsellor and without her i wouldnt be here today, this is perhaps an avenue to explore with your G.P. Good luck with everything hun
Help with changing my life around??
Firstly well done..

secondly maybe you could take up a hobby or join a club or something, that tends to be the most obvious way of letting everyone know you're doing better and also making new friends too..
Let it come naturally and it does with a bit of patience. Don't force yourself you gonna hurt yourself. Its all right up in your mind, if you want to change then you can do it.Don't ever give up though you will experience set backs.Think about how better it can be after you make all the changes you need.



You can talk to your pastor about it. You can pray to God for strength and more wisdom to deal with your situation.



Good luck
The only way is to show them by your behavior.



If you try to TELL them, that's no real evidence to them.



They've seen what you have been like; the only way to prove to them you've changed is to give them a chance to see for themselves that you've changed.



You can' t expect everyone to immediately treat you differently or respond to you differently.



The only thing you can do is to apologize to each person you've wronged or been rude to. Don't give excuses, just apologize, and promise you'll never do it again.



Over time, if you don't do it again, they'll believe that.
Apart from the excellent answers on here already, I can recommend maybe getting healthy and fit - to make you feel good - maybe yoga?



But most importantly find something you love doing as a hobby and do it a lot, for me its drumming and taking pictures. I can recommend a musical instrument....



Hope this helps, Good Luck! And may God bless your friend's soul.