Friday 16 September 2011

Can someone please edit my essay?

Our well being is about having meaning in our lives, developing as a person and feeling that our lives are fulfilling and worthwhile. Our relationships provide for our most basic human needs. Through our relationships, we are sustained in our personal growth and development. Our relationships are the substance from which each of us grows and interacts. The relationship substance strengthens our bonds and builds trust. As we grow, we learn from our life experiences. Reinforcement of values is what makes us who we are as individuals. For example, support and confidence from others helps mold us into a positive part of society. This can be seen from the support that we get from our family, whether our family is primarily one or two parents, or other family members. Strong support that individuals receive from others is essential to our well being and therefore must be strengthened.



Having positive relationships with others are essential for our well being so is being able to trust others in our relationships. Trust impacts everyone. It affects the quality of every relationship, every communication, and every effort in which we are engaged. We seek to act with integrity in our lives, fostering trust in our relationships with everyone. As people鈥檚 lives become more fulfilled, so this makes a positive change in how they interact with those around them, and these in turn affect others. As a result of this, individuals contributing to their society can in turn bring about positive change to society. Nevertheless, we are the ones that give others that sense of hope they need to change their lives and improve their well being.



The individuals that I want to help improve their lives come from different backgrounds and cultures. We need to understand that an individuals鈥?culture can affect their behavior, views, thinking, and learning. At the same time, have respect for our differences, no matter where people come from, what their beliefs are, or what their race or ethnicity is. Each of us are unique individuals and yet we can learn something new about others backgrounds and cultures that are different. For example, I consider myself to come from a diverse family.



I am of mixed race. My mother is Mexican and my father is Black. I spent my life under the sole care of my Mexican mother. I grew up in a small town called San Juan in Hidalgo County, Texas. The county was eighty percent Hispanic and Latino.I enjoyed that I learned how to speak two different languages: English and Spanish. So, eventually when I learned how to speak Spanish fluently I could relate to other cultures and backgrounds. I am entirely comfortabel with my being mixed, and I am proud to be seen as a black individual. Even though the first thing people notice when they look at me is that I am African American. In my mind, that is not who I am. I am both and I would like to be seen as both. When people would hear me speak Spanish, they would automatically assume that I went to school to learn the language and never thought it was a part of me. But when I told them that I was mixed with Mexican, I would almost get a shocking reaction from them. I would share something with them in Spanish so they could know that I knew how to speak Spanish. They would immediately realize that we had something in common. That has always been the usual reaction I get from people in Texas that learned that I could speak Spanish. I never let that bother me to say the least. I learned that if you don't ask questions about someone else's culture, then people would never be open to learning anything new or something they are not familiar with. Learning about other people's differences can enrich our lives.
Can someone please edit my essay?
Good.Just a few small mistakes.



2nd paragraph should be changed to this:

Having positive relationships with others IS essential for our well being.So is being able to trust others in our relationships.



This sentence should be changed

We seek to act with integrity in our lives, fostering trust in our relationships with everyone. As people鈥檚 lives become more fulfilled, so this makes a positive change in how they interact with those around them, and these in turn affect others.



The individuals whom I want to help improve their lives, come from different backgrounds and cultures.



Each of us are unique individuals, yet we can learn something new about others' backgrounds and cultures that are different.



I am entirely comfortable



as a black individual, even though



I am both, and I would like to be seen as both.



I went to school to learn the language, and never thought
Can someone please edit my essay?
damn good man
  • how to deal with friends
  • channel
  •