Friday 16 September 2011

Can someone please edit my essay?

Poverty is a social problem that affects many people. Unfortunately, I am all too familiar with this kind of struggle. As a single mother with no job, I have been far enough below the poverty line to seek public assistance. Luckily, I had the opportunity to get my education and find a job so that I no longer needed public assistance. Every individual has a right to be treated equally with dignity and respect, though most individuals that live in poverty are often discriminated against and not given the opportunity to live healthy, fulfilling, and satisfying lives. From my own experience with poverty, I am sure that these individuals need access to resources, services, opportunity and empowerment that can contribute to their overall well-being and improve their lives. ( I need a thesis here at the end of this paragraph, a preview of the rest of the essay. Also I need a conclusion and add a cool statistic about poverty in the first paragraph to get the reader鈥檚 attention).



For instance, we must ensure that there is access to economic opportunities that promotes sustainable lives. People living in poverty must be empowered through participation in all aspects of their lives. We need to expand opportunity to enable people to enhance their capacities and improve their economic and social conditions. Therefore, I want to help improve people鈥檚 lives by changing social conditions in order to ensure access to resources is available for all individuals. These individuals should be empowered by strengthening education at all levels. Having a higher education helps aid in better opportunity to further develop skills and knowledge that they need to better their condition and improve their lives. (I need supporting evidence to back up my facts)



Most people living in poverty are often discriminated against, vulnerable, powerless, and without a voice. All individuals have a right to be treated equally regardless of their race, gender and socioeconomic status. This is about their equality, rights, dignity, and being a voice for the most helpless individuals. It is about taking the time to help these individuals build a better life and a future for themselves. It is about recognizing that every person deserves the right to a decent standard of living and a chance to contribute to their common good. Ultimately, it is about empowering people to be self-sufficient to make positive decisions that can contribute to their development and well-being. Furthermore, we need to support programs that aim to give opportunity and support to individuals that will benefit from the development and participation in making decisions that affect their lives. ( My words are too cluttered here, I need to consider adding more paragraphs).





Above all, all individuals have the right to be treated with respect, dignity and equally. They also have a right to a decent standard of living. I will continue to stand up for a cause that can nevertheless help to improve people鈥檚 lives with the right support and resources from others. We need to give them the opportunity to live their lives to the fullest by being a voice for the most helpless in society. On the one hand, I want to ensure that individuals, families and children can contribute to their own lives by being self-sufficient to make positive decisions that result in improving their lives. Furthermore, I can guide them with the necessary tools to help them achieve their goals and to help them cope with problems in their everyday lives. If every individual was given a little help with their problems they have the opportunity to progress forward in their lives to achieve their lives to the fullest potential.
Can someone please edit my essay?
I just did an edit but it didn't come up right in this system. Email me at leslie@crescentparkpreschool.org and I'll attach my document to a reply. The edit is by no means comprehensive, but may give you some guidance.