Friday 16 September 2011

He's coming home tonight [i'm living in my brothers shadow]?

sorry if this is kinda a long ramble but i appreciate everyone who takes the time to answer-



so basically i feel like i have been living in my older brother's shadow for a while. when i was younger and he was in 10th grade, it was a bad thing. he was always getting in trouble, getting drunk and eventually being expelled. my parents were stressed out and always expected me to be the perfect child because they had their hands full with my brother and everyone else was like %26quot;oh hey, aren't you that kids little sister%26quot;. But then we moved to India and he did a complete 360 like you wouldn't believe. He realized what an idiot he had been, apologized to anyone he had ever hurt, started doing pretty well in school and really got in to yoga,meditating, religion etc. For his senior year in India he was super popular, and i mean like everyone 9th-12th grade absolutely loved him and i'm not exaggerating. Last year I didn't mind so much because I was in middle school so it didn't really effect me %26amp; I was glad that my brother was doing so much better. This year, is his gap year before college and he spent the summer + a few months working in the states but now he's coming back to India for the rest of the year (tonight). Part of me is glad that he's coming home, because he is really cool and i missed him...but for the whole year!? I know it is childish and stupid %26amp; yes i admit that I'm super jealous- but I'm afraid that when he comes back he will steal the spotlight away. I've spent the whole school year trying to build myself up and I've really reached out to a lot of people who I wouldn't have before. I'm just starting to become friends with a bunch of 10th and 11th graders who coincidentally happen to be friends with and practically worship my brother. Even this one new guy, who I really like, today said %26quot;oh hey when is your brother arriving%26quot; and i was like %26quot;uh do you even know my brother?%26quot; and he said %26quot;no but i'm really excited to meet him cause i've heard so much about him and he's really like changed people's lives%26quot; GOSH THAT MADE ME SO MAD!

and i feel bad because i love my brother and i know that he deserves these admirers but i can't help being worried that any chance that I had at being my own person and actually being invited to hang out with these people a lot is going to be ruined when my brother comes back. By the way, he pretty much won't be doing anything here for months so he's probably going to be hanging out with his friends a lot!



what can i do!?
He's coming home tonight [i'm living in my brothers shadow]?
Grow up and learn to accept it. he can't really help it if he has a lot of friends. stop being jealous really just enjoy the time you get to spend with him I sure you have missed him he hasn't been with you in like 5 months.
  • oppose drilling for oil
  • emo hair
  •