Saturday 4 June 2011

I need someone to look at a college essay im writing. I want to know if it's good enough?

The question is %26quot;At the University of Maryland, we value a diverse community. How have your life experiences and background shaped you into an individual who will enrich the University of Maryland community?%26quot;





I have so far:





It was December 6, 2007. I was standing aside my brother in FedEx Field even during the gelid, below freezing temperature. We knew our feet were numb, but we had to stand. The ball floated threw the air; the flight felt like an eternity. Boom! Interception. The slightest hope to make the playoffs was lost—yet I was blessed. The Thursday Night Game was the day after my birthday. After countless years of switching jobs and even going back to school, my brother accumulated enough money to take me to my first football game, a game I will never forget.





The following days, I felt extremely grateful towards my brother. He had given me a gift that no one had given me before. I wanted to follow his footsteps and give unto others the jubilant feeling that I felt. However, I wasn’t sure how to spread the gleeful feeling. Succeeding my brother, I went to various soup kitchens and hospitals around my area. I also began to teach Sunday school for the pre-teens at my church. Despite my attempts, I still didn’t feel satisfied.





Knowing my attempts were helping the few around me, I began to renounce my acts. My brother noticed my suspended endeavor and told me a cliché: “One man can make a difference.” I pondered on the proverb. It was so simple, yet extremely profound. Although I wasn’t helping masses, I gave joy to the few people I acquainted with.





During the application process for the University of Maryland, College Park, I ran into a research network called Robert H. Smith School of Business. The name of the school sounded familiar; it was the business school my brother attended to for receiving his MBA. Again, ensuing by brother, I wanted to be a business major.





As I realized the recession the nation was going through, I noticed the thirst for money. By mastering the laws of business and finance, I could replenish the nation’s desires by acquiring for them a deluxe fiscal year. What could thrill someone more than an excess of money. Also, it wouldn’t be just helping one person at a time either. By helping people with families, it would be delighting extra.





With proper education, I could be able to make a difference in the nation, and even the world. I want to change people’s lives like my brother. I can’t promise that ill change the world, but I can change someone’s future for the better.





I am one man. One man out of approximately 6.7 billion.


I am one man. One man that can make a difference.


|||love love love the end. |||i honestly think this is one of the best college essays i%26#039;ve read....ur ending is excellent! the start is captivating and i wouldn%26#039;t change a thing..great job u are an outstanding writer