Saturday 4 June 2011

Can horses change people's lives and how deeply? I need to know I am crying about this....

can horses change people%26#039;s lives and how deeply? I need to know I am crying about this....


I was wondering for a long time now. can horses change people%26#039;s lives dramatically? I am learning how to ride of course and also jump. my trainer says she going to push me hard which I need of course. (crying) i am going though a hard time right now and I feel I need to get close to horses. is it wrong to feel this way do i just need them right now? I was hurting myself a lot like cutting. I really need an answer to this. do horse need my help or do I need horses help? I am talking to someone about this but I just want to know on here first....|||awww


don%26#039;t worry once you set up yourself to knowing and thinking that you%26#039;ll be good everything will fall into place





dont hurt yourself





everything in life isn%26#039;t known we have to learn


with your trainer by your side and a wonderful horse who will go by your actions





you%26#039;ll be good





sorry but i found this weird...? dont stress it|||Of course they can, as much as any pet. Equine (horse) therapy is very big...teaching people life skills, confidence, bringing out their struggles in a riding lesson so they can talk about things and overcome them. Even if you don%26#039;t have formal equine therapy, just hanging out with horses, if you are fond of them, can be great for people%26#039;s well being. Plus horse riding helps you stay physically fit, and teaches you responsibility for something other than yourself.





Animals are a huge part of the human experience.|||Loving and caring for an animal can change you.





It draws attention away from yourself. Your thoughts are divided between you and this wonderful animal, who needs you.


Try not to over analize the therapy. Just enjoy your new friend; comb his mane, feel the warmth under your hand, sit straight and proud in the saddle. Live for the moment and be thankfull you have this opportunity.|||The act of attributing human characteristics to non-human things (be they animal, plant, inanimate or even supernatural or imagined) is called anthropomorphism. This can be a psychological coping mechanism for some people and it is most likely what you are doing with your horse. You may see the horse as a %26quot;friend%26quot; when the horse does not have the mental capacity for a deeply personal trait such as friendship. Not saying that your horse may not prefer your company, but without the complex brain that humans have, animals cannot possibly appreciate you like you appreciate them.





So is that a bad thing? Absolutely not. This can be just as effective of a coping mechanism as someone who is religious turning to (g)God(s)/(g)Goddess(es) in prayer. Basically if it works for you, by all means believe and do whatever is necessary to make your life happier and more fulfilled. Good luck.





93,


--DH